Monday, January 31, 2011

Ten

Ten

The number ten has been a popular one for me recently. After three and a half weeks on the program I have lost ten pounds. Oh, happy ten!! (Actually, it's ten point five pounds... to be exact... but who's counting? Wait... I am! Ha!)  

Ten is also the number I am focusing on as a percentage of body mass that I want to lose. There have been many studies concluding that losing just ten percent of your total weight leads to vastly increased health benefits. 

Ten percent is a great starting goal. Even if you want to lose more than that eventually, it is much better to set up smaller, more attainable goals to reach first. After losing ten percent you will already be feeling the benefits:

* more energy
* more confidence 
* significantly lowered cholesterol 
* lowered blood pressure
* reduced risk of Type 2 Diabetes

Now do you see why I love the number ten?

I haven't reached my ten percent goal yet but I'm close. Over seven percent close. So close I can taste it. And it tastes better than candy I tell you!

With February just around the corner and Valentine's Day lurking in the wings to derail us all on journeys of chocolate-covered romance, I say we take advantage of the beginning of this month to build strong foundations, focus on our goals and remember our new year's resolutions!

Wishing you all the joy of ten.

2 comments:

  1. You look ridiculously hot. I mean ... beautiful and radiant. And hot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hayley! This is great! I can't wait to see your before and afters. I am sooo proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete