Monday, January 10, 2011

First Weigh In

So, I only began my program on Friday but I have decided to do a weekly weigh in.

Weighing in is an important part of weight loss because it keeps you aware and holds you accountable. Getting on a scale may not, however, always be the best strategy for some people.  It's hard to know whether you are weighing fat loss, muscle gain/loss, water weight etc... so, alternatively you can use one pair of pants as a measuring bar or maybe just a measuring tape and smile as you see your body shrink! I have a specific weight goal in mind so I am going to take note of my weekly weigh in (and D is going to chart it for me).

It's easier for me to use Monday for my weigh ins. Beginning of the week. It makes sense. So, only 3 days in (today is day 4) and I have already lost 2.2lbs!! Feeling very good about it :) Very good indeed.

*A little side note - I actually lost most of my extra/water weight in the 2 days before starting the program because knowing what I was about to do I decided to significantly reduce my calorie intake early in preparation. This is not necessary but I did lose 3lbs. Therefore, the 2.2lbs is AFTER I already lost my initial surge. That makes a loss of 5.2lbs total in 5 days!!!!


3 comments:

  1. Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! This is amazing! Maybe you gained 15 lbs., but you're already down 5?!?!? Keep the updates coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously can't imagine where you would take off 15 pounds. Okay, so I didn't know you a year ago, but you look perfect to me now!

    Oh, and that photo of you on the right banner is really fabulous!

    ReplyDelete